Regional Roleplay Citizen Discussion

• Minister Imperial Monarch Admin

MoCA Logo

Regional Roleplay Public Consultation

Welcome Citizens!

The Imperial Government is preparing to launch the official Regional Roleplay in the coming week, and we are seeking public feedback on the primary ideas that are being cooked up 😛

At present, our ideas are half formed, and we have a couple of different visions. I should stress that the regional roleplay is not going to be the only roleplay - within a week or two we will be opening the sign up thread to start your own roleplays, which will allow your own vision for an RP to be shared with your fellow citizens 🙂

I will now outline my ideas for the roleplay, to start the discussion 🙂

• The focus of the RP will be on individual nations and their creativity; instead of complex events such as wars, or future technology, the focus is on crafting interesting political and social events which other nations can then react to.
      • An example would be if Stiegae had an event "Stiegae Launches New Soccer League, Invites Other Nations to Join" and then other nations in the RP showed an interest in joining said league. Such an event could later lead to a spin off RP if appropriate.
    • The RP will take place on the official map, however users of the map will not be required to take part in the RP.
    • The RP 'game master' (in this case the appropriate government official) will be expected to stimulate activity by having events occur weekly, which nations can then react to in the way their nation would.
    • Super-national organisations within the RP could be created, with the appropriate agreement of the regional government. There is also the possibility that some kind of elected 'Council of the Empire' or similar could be created which would pass legislation within the framework of the RP (in a similar fashion to the world assembly).

Importantly, in my vision for the official regional RP, it is a relaxed, friendly RP where nations play at their own pace, which reduces the stress sometimes associated with keeping up with more complex RPs. They do have a place, but that is within the framework of private RPs and those other RPs which might later be established.

• Reichstag

i have an idea, what if we were states in some sort of confederation, something like the HRE. and we had internal struggles like warfare, economic crashes, and government corruption. and external threats, like invasions from other countries, being like events.

@wynny

i have an idea, what if we were states in some sort of confederation, something like the HRE. and we had internal struggles like warfare, economic crashes, and government corruption. and external threats, like invasions from other countries, being like events.

Yes, that was kind of what I was going for (theme wise) - there would be economic events, government issues, and sometimes external nations would cause nations to have to work together (and which we could also tie into any future map expansions, etc).

• Early Citizen Minister

My ideas go as follows:

• Kingdoms: the concept of kingdoms is one I’ve been thinking of for a while now. The main idea is that since the Confederation is an Empire, under it should be kingdoms. Kings of certain region (Croatia, Bohemia, Prussia etc.) would be appointed by the emperor and would vassalize the duchies in that area. (The idea is that we all start of as duchies, principalities etc. A rank below King.) By vassalize I mean that the other duchies in that region would directly serve the king, and the kings would directly serve the emperor. The Kingdom would be: Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Prussia, The Rhine, Bavaria, Hannover and Saxony. That vassal system would be similar to the one in CK2.

• Another idea I thought would be colonization. The Confederation would colonize Africa, and the nations in it would receive certain part of the colonies. This idea is not very fleshed out and I’m not sure if it would be a good idea so please give me feedback on that. This would only happen much later in the RP.

@Benito

• Kingdoms: the concept of kingdoms is one I’ve been thinking of for a while now. The main idea is that since the Confederation is an Empire, under it should be kingdoms. Kings of certain region (Croatia, Bohemia, Prussia etc.) would be appointed by the emperor and would vassalize the duchies in that area. (The idea is that we all start of as duchies, principalities etc. A rank below King.) By vassalize I mean that the other duchies in that region would directly serve the king, and the kings would directly serve the emperor. The Kingdom would be: Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Prussia, The Rhine, Bavaria, Hannover and Saxony. That vassal system would be similar to the one in CK2.

I like the concept of this, but I don't think it will work very well given what we have to try and balance for this RP. First of all, we have to make sure that the RP does not conflict with the region itself - as we plan to use places such as duchies as regional nobility, it doesn't really work to confer titles on nations within the RP (or, at least, the regional RP). Furthermore, many players may oppose the idea their nation can be vandalised, which then makes the RP less welcoming to newcomers (as the RP should be focused on having a low point of entry).

• Another idea I thought would be colonization. The Confederation would colonize Africa, and the nations in it would receive certain part of the colonies. This idea is not very fleshed out and I’m not sure if it would be a good idea so please give me feedback on that.

An interesting idea, and possibly something we could run a special event for, but I am not sure it would be a good idea at the moment (given we are starting small, population wise).

• Early Citizen Minister

@Lewis

Vassals would still be free to do as they please, they’d just answer to the king instead of the emperor.

As for colonization, that would of course be much later on. A special event sounds best.

@Benito

[they'd] answer to the king instead of the emperor.

I don't think this really works for what we are going for - the RP is suppose to almost be a subset of the region, and really we want all players to 'answer' to the regional government and its monarchs.

• Early Citizen Minister

What do you guys think about the world in general. Our timeline is one there RP the world wars never happened. How is tech? How are social issues (is this timeline more or less tolerant)? How is the general outlook on life?

I would say:

• Tech is around the same, war tech isn’t as sought after.

• The world is less tolerant as the Holocaust and other atrocities never happened racism and anti-semitism etc. are brushed off more than in our timeline.

• I would say outlook on life would be more negative as people don’t have horrible events to think “at least we’re not like this right now”.

• Reichstag

@Lewis tech-wise we could have 1700s muskets and artillery, and we could advance to the 1800s, 1900s, to the modern era and beyond

• Early Citizen Minister

@wynny

The RP is set in 2019.

@wynny

@Lewis tech-wise we could have 1700s muskets and artillery, and we could advance to the 1800s, 1900s, to the modern era and beyond

Well, the RP is set in an alternate 2019 (without the world wars) so war tech won't have advanced as much. I'd say it can be assumed stuff like TV and radio are advanced, and possibly also a form of the internet.

@Benito

• Tech is around the same, war tech isn’t as sought after.

Yep.

• The world is less tolerant as the Holocaust and other atrocities never happened racism and anti-semitism etc. are brushed off more than in our timeline.

While it makes sense from an RP perspective, I'd like to make it clear that we, from a moderation perspective, will not be allowing anti-Semitism (or other blatant hate speech) into the roleplay. Avoiding mention of it would be best.

• I would say outlook on life would be more negative as people don’t have horrible events to think “at least we’re not like this right now”.

That would probably be a per-player decision for their nation.

• Reichstag

@Benito I wonder how kingdoms survived from the 1200s to 2019 without a revolt to change it into a republic, but I guess it could work

• Early Citizen Minister

@Lewis

Well, on the discord you did mention the formation of other royal houses. The Kings could form houses which may also be involved in the region itself.

@wynny

@Benito i wonder how kingdoms survived from 1200s to 2019 without a revolt to change it into republic, but i guess i could work

Some of the countries around (on the wider map) have fallen to revolution still (such as Russia and Greece, but Russia to a military junta and more recently than 1917).

@Benito

Well, on the discord you did mention the formation of other royal houses. The Kings could form houses which may also be involved in the region itself.

I think there has to be separation of the regional houses and those in the RP - for example, my nation is led by King Alexander of the House of Borlein, which is not my personal regional house.

I would say that you could have nations within the RP form royal houses for the sake of IC royal marriages in stuff (which would be events for their nations), while we will also be facilitating regional level families (noble and otherwise), but that is a totally separate issue.

The focus of the RP should be on nations, not on players - so, in the RP I am Stiegae, not Lewis Kuznetsov.

• Early Citizen Minister

@Lewis said in Regional Roleplay Citizen Discussion:

@Benito

[they'd] answer to the king instead of the emperor.

I don't think this really works for what we are going for - the RP is suppose to almost be a subset of the region, and really we want all players to 'answer' to the regional government and its monarchs.

So is the RP separated from the government or not? You just now said it is but what you say here implies it isn’t? If it is then I don’t see the problem.

@Benito

So is the RP separated from the government or not? You just now said it is but what you say here implies it isn’t? If it is then I don’t see the problem.

It is supposed to sit within the regional theme without conflicting it, and it is also under the direct supervision of the government (due to its official nature).

• Reichstag

ill list all of my ideas,

1. Having Duchies, and kingdoms in an imperial confederation
    2. having external threats, like Napoleonic France.
    3. 1700s setting.
    4. Pope interfering with the emperor. causing a national schism
      5.Events: 2 and 4 count are examples.
      6.a holy roman empire type electoral system
    5. and finally, colonization, except that they are in themselves titles the emperor can give out.

• Early Citizen Minister

@wynny

1. 👌🏼
    2. Yes, but this would happen later in the RP, it’ll be very chill to start as there are many people in the region who have little or no RP experience.
    3. The setting is 2019, there’s no chaging that.
    4. That actually seems really interesting.
    5. 👌🏼
    6. We’ll see. Im trying to have a way to make it work.

@wynny @Benito

I am on board with something like 4 and 2 (though, it won't be Napoleonic France).

Did you know we have a Discord?
Click here to join!

Online Users